Saturday, March 22, 2014

Seon Hyuk Im/Assignment 2/ Tues. 11am

Just For You: Creating Unforgettable Memories

           How would you feel if there was a whole day dedicated to you? When I was a little boy, my favorite day was Children's Day. I liked it even more than my own birthday. It's a big holiday in Korea, as kids around the country are treated to their favorite food and activities by their parents. I always tried to experience the best Children's Day every time the holiday came.

           I loved being with my dad. Since he has to go to work, I only saw him early in the morning and at dinner time. But even though he was busy, he'd try his best to make time to play with me. When Children's Day came, he would spoil me more than usual. He would buy me my favorite toys, which was Lego. Then, he took me to my favorite restaurant with the family. Afterwards, my family would meet up with my cousin's family, which I really enjoyed hanging around with. At the end of the day, I'd be with him in my living room playing games and making jokes.

           There was one time that I wasn't with my dad on Children's Day but with my uncle and his wife. I like my uncle almost as much as my dad because his personality and the way he treated me was very similar to my dad. They took me to an amusement park on a pretty hot day. Since I was a young boy with a lot of fear, I couldn't enjoy the park like I wanted to. Instead, we went to the mini zoo within the park and my uncle tried his best to make the day fun for me. I was thankful, and I enjoyed their company. I still do to this day, but in a different way since I'm big kid now.

           Now that I'm old, I'll be the one who plays with kids. In the near future, I'll be creating fun memories with my cousin, who is only 6 years old. I may also be having nieces or nephews just a few years from now. I want them to experience the fun I had, so I'll be trying my best. I'll spoil them like how I was spoiled. First, I'll take them to their favorite restaurant. Then, I'll buy them their favorite toys. After, I'll take them to the amusement park. At the end of the day, I want them to also enjoy the importance and fun your family can bring to you.

           Having many fun memories on this day makes it my favorite day. Nowadays, the country does their best to create fun for the kids on this day. There are many events around the country for the kids to enjoy. I personally never attended to these events but on I've seen them many times on TV. They do seem fun, but nothing beats quality time with the family.

1 comment:

  1. to seon Hyuk im from Jung yong Ko

    hi there

    1. thesis statement: Identifies. "I always tried to experience the best Children's Day every time the holiday came."

    2. When I was a little boy, my favorite day was Children's Day. I liked it even more than my own birthday. insufficient background info. add more background info.

    3. yes

    4. i loved being with my dad, there was one time that i wasn't with my dad, now that i'm old.

    5.insuffient background info. details= detail enough. liked his present which was lego.

    6. evaluation.

    ReplyDelete