Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Naeun Kang/2014/Tuesday 11am

Mar.15th.2014

Naeun Kang

 

 

 

"Almost" kidnapped

 

 

 

 

 

             There might not be many people who have gone through thesame scary incident as me even on the first week of the New Year. I was in Gang-nam with my friends. We were having a New Year's party with delicious cake and many kinds of alcoholic drinks. We were all pleased at being with each other on a special day, so we enjoyed drinking until late into the night. I was also drunk so I had to take a taxi to go home. It wasthe start of my "almost" beingkidnapped.

 

             It was Friday, so there were lots of taxis on the street. At about 12 o'clock I got in the cab. The driver was the youngest person of thedrivers which I had ever seen. As soon as I told him my destination, hedrove at a fast speed, about 100km per hour. I was a little scared by the speed, but I thought I could get home early. But a few minutes later, I was in fear. He went on a road which I did not know of. At that time I saw a road sign that signaled I was going the wrong way. I was enveloped in terror and I told him that we were going the wrong way, but he said we just took another way because the road which I knew had a terrible traffic jam. I believed him because it was the first Friday of 2014, so I thought there would be a lot of traffic. Though time went by, we were still far from our destination. He was not going on the main street, and instead we were going in narrow roads where the light was dim. There were no roads and no people around. I was full of fear again. I asked him where we were,but he did not respond. I felt like I was being kidnapped.  I tried to forget my fear and held my mind. I thought that if I were being kidnapped by him, I should ask for help. However, I didn't know the license plate of the cab, so I decided that when the taxi stopped at the light, I would jump out and run away. At that moment, a car crashed into us from behind. Thinking this was the chance; I pulled the handle, pushed the door open, and ran away. The taxi followed me but I ran away toward the main road risking my life. I ran into a big market where there were many people, and called my father. I explained my situation to him and I asked the clerk to say where I wasNot long after that my father came, and relived. Suddenly the tears flowed from my eyes. My father took a lot off my mind. Finally I could go home the right way.

 

             The incident scared me but after that, I realized an important lesson. I should never take a taxi after dark. Also, if I have to take a cab, Ishould always memorize and record the license plate of the taxi before I get into one. Though this fearful and terrible experience will remain in my mind for a long time, I Just try to consider this as the price I paid to avoid something much worsesomeday in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment