Saturday, March 15, 2014

Do Hee Kim / Assigntment #1 / Tues. 11 A.M.

 
Not-To-Do List for 2014

           Everyone must have experienced setting their new year’s resolutions, hoping that the year would turn out to be the best - well, at least I have. However, the problem here is that I always had difficulty fulfilling all the resolutions I had planned, or not even had started to embark on them. I was surely eager to follow my fresh, new resolutions. The problem was that the resolutions were too overwhelming. I had overestimated my capabilities. For this, I’ve decided to change my mind to set achievable goals for this year, 2014. Unlike the other resolutions I had planned in the past, I decided to set the resolutions on things that I should “not” do. My not-to-do-resolutions are not to excessively drink alcohol, not to sleep in and lastly, not to think negatively.

          Drinking has always granted me some major issues. First of all, I found out that my body does not take alcohol very well – honestly, it took me four years to realize this. I get awfully bad hangovers, and this has always hindered me from doing my daily tasks. Secondly, I’ve started to encounter black-out. Black-outs are extremely scary. Lastly, I always fell short of money because whenever I’m drunk, I have this habit of spending money. These problems surely do need attention, and I’ve decided to lower down (not quitting though) on drinking alcohol.

           The second resolution is not to sleep in. I have a problem with waking up in the morning, or at the time I should be awakened. Because of this, I’ve always started my day late and it was such a waste of time. I am a senior now and I’ve got a lot of work to do. By not sleeping in, I can spend my time wisely. I won’t be regretting about wasting my time from now on.
 
           My last resolution is not to think negatively. I’ve watched a video on TED, and the speaker said people have the tendency to always think negatively first than to think positively. Positive thinking can foster a healthier life, helping to become a confident person in whatever the goal he or she may want to achieve. This would probably be the most important resolution of all. Thoughts develop into actions, and actions speak louder than words.
 

           So far, I have fulfilled all of these resolutions and I feel even more confident in achieving other goals as well. Setting up better resolutions for a better year is important, but what’s more important is that you actually act out on your resolutions. I have learned from the past that planning overwhelming and unachievable resolutions only gave me more stress. By having achievable resolutions and fulfilling them, you will have set up a firm base for accomplishing rather difficult but bigger goals later on. I hope this year would turn out to be the best one for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment