Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Junseok Kang Job / Tuesday 3, 4

200600056

Junseok Kang

 

Ready for Job yet?

 

 

             In a quiet cafe, people chatting sound, the smell of freshly ground coffee, and I'm writing the story about no one hasn't thought before. Yes, I want to be a writer. Being a writer has been my long time dream. To achieve my dream job, I am still trying to figure out what I need and the path how I become. Being a writer is not easy. It needs writing skills and ingenious ideas also sufficient financial support before becoming successful.

             To become a writer, I have tried to read books as many as possible. I think philosophy is very important for delivering the message to public. In my humble opinion, story itself takes big part but without deeper meaning, it remains just superficial. So I've read the history of philosophy especially, and found some philosophers who are similar to my view such as Sartre. Also the history and essay are good for nurturing my idea and the way of thinking. Various episodes in history give me an inspiration and stimulate my imagination. I know classic helps me a lot, but I am a little bit worried about imitating old styles.

             I'm trying to finish my writing before I graduate. I have prepared for one writing for my school time. Because I love a story about sharing the hope with people, I am writing about the story about the person who is going through eating disorder. But I have heard many stories about these issues are out there already, I have to pay extra attention to not being cliché. Besides this writing, I also have written about short stories, whenever I have time.

             Being a writer in Korea, there are several ways. But I think applying for the writing contest for prospective writers is the best way to become one. I don't settle the exact time when I apply for it. However, I planned to get a job and experience life more before I start as a full time writer. At the renowned young writer's lecture, I heard that before getting recognized as a writer, it takes time and money. So I will get a job to support myself and then turn into a full time writer.

             I know chasing the dream job is not easy at all. It will be difficult journey. However I know it will be worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment