Saturday, June 7, 2014

201103628 Hana Choi/Good teacher/Tuesday 11a.m.

The teacher who changed my life

 

We meet a lot of teachers in our life and I have also met many teachers. Some were good but most of them were bad. But surprisingly, among those few good teachers, I met the best teacher ever. Maya Angelou, who was an author in America said "When you learn, teach. When you get, give". My best teacher was the person who taught what she learned as much as she could. She was my math tutor for 2 years when I was in high school. When I just entered high school I was very poor at math. That made me bring her questions almost every day and I am pretty sure I bothered her a lot. Because I was a really curious student so I asked her the same questions more than 10 times if I did not fully understand them. But she never got annoyed and helped patiently to make me understand. She did not even forget to check what I did not understand. Even though she was an expert in math, she kept studying it and when she found out a new skill to shorten time to solve math problems, she always told me about it. Because of her, I got 98 % in math at college entering exam. Considering I got around 60% at the first math exam as a high school student, she totally changed my life. Because I could enter university which I could not even expect that I could go to when I got that score at the first test. It was wonderful that I was taught by a great teacher like her. I doubt that I will ever meet a teacher like her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment