Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hae Jin Jang // Exercise B // Tues 11.

     Meeting good teachers were the top priorities of my elementary life. My mom and I would always pray before school started for me to get a good teacher. One of the many blessed teachers I have had, my first grade ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher is someone I cannot forget. ESL was a class I had to take when I was in first grade because of my poor English skills since that was when I just moved to Thailand. I had a difficult time adjusting to my school and environment but she was the only one who could make me smile. She was from Norway, with pale skin and beautiful eyes. To me, she always looked perfect and amazing. Every time I had difficulty she was always there for me, so not only did my English improve because of her, my confidence grew and I started to enjoy school. Most importantly later on in Grade 3, she coincidentally became my homeroom teacher! Now that I look back, if it wasn't for her, I don't think as a 6 year old child, I would have survived my school days. I was thankful and I will always be thankful of her support. Recently, I searched her up on Facebook and we are now connected again after all these years. When I talk to her I still feel like I'm being looked after and truly cared about. I think that's what makes a good teacher, the care and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment