Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bak Taehwan/Why I am qualified for my dream job / Tuesday 11a.m.

                                                                                                                        You got the right guy.
 
I like to have fun at work. Taking pictures has been a long time hobby of mine and I would like to take it to the next level by making a living out of it by being a professional photographer. I am a person who seeks thrill, has strong heart, and welcome challenges, these are characteristics of what I consider makes the perfect photographer.
 
           I am a person who loves the feeling of adrenaline pumping into my blood in front of danger. In my opinion to be a photographer he or she needs to have pleasure in taking risks, because getting the picture you want sometimes means you have to risk your life. Ever since I was a small kid I used to love riding bikes, and I would beg my grandfather to give me a motorbike ride over and over again. When I was in middle school I was caught several times by my school teachers for stealing a library office chair and riding it down a 50 meter long ramp made for the disabled. I soon realized that I love thrill, and the closer I come to getting caught by the authority or even death the more I enjoyed. Photographers sometimes have to take pictures in war zones or shark infested waters, and I willingly seek these situations.
 
           Taking picture of graphic scenes might not be the job for the common office workers. There are famous picture such the Pan Thai Kim Phuc taking during the Vietnam War of a severely burnt naked girl walking on the street while crying. As a human I think your instincts will tell you to help the burnt girl. However, if your job is to get the picture of a certain scene I believe a photographer has complete the task no matter how difficult it is to stay idle. I am sure as long as I have an objective and a camera my priority would be getting the perfect shot no matter how gruesome the scene is and for this reason I believe photographers need to have a strong heart.
 
           Lastly, I believe to be a photographer you should be willing to get the perfect shots no matter how hard it is. I love to challenge myself and test how far I can push my mind and body and through this I find a sense of satisfaction in life. One of my tasks from my bucket list is to climb to the summit of Mt. Everest. I fantasize about the satisfaction and pride I will get after climbing the mountain when some many people give up half way or quit before they even start because of the fear of failing. Some of the best shots are in the most remote areas on earth such as the middle of the Amazon jungle and I am willing to endure the harsh uncomfortable conditions of the environment. Due to my characteristic of accepting challenges I believe I will make a fine photographer
 
Taking a picture might be easy however, getting in position for the perfect shot is difficult. I believe my characteristics of enjoying thrill, having a strong heart and accepting challenges checks all the boxes on the list of things needed to be a photographer. finally I would like to tell the National Geographic human resource manager "I am exactly what you are looking for."
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I enjoyed reading about your dream job! Here are my comments :)
    1. Yes, the introduction includes background information about the topic.

    2. Yes, the thesis statement has a unifying principle. You believe that you are qualified to become a photographer because you possess the characteristics to become one.

    3. Yes, each body paragraph include a distinct category.
    a. seek thrill
    b. have a strong heart
    c. welcome challenges

    4. Yes, the supporting details for each paragraph are sufficient.

    5. Yes, the conclusion restate the three categories.

    6. The conclusion includes a self-evaluation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From So-eun Yoon To, Tae-Hwan park

    1. Yes, your introduction has background information about your topic.
    I like to have fun at work!!

    2. Yes, yoour essay has a thesis statement that identifies your point of view.
    " I am a person who seeks thrill, has strong heart, and welcome challenges, these are characteristics of what I consider makes the perfect photographer."

    3. Yes, the body paragraphs have a distinct category.

    4. Yes, you have well explained your reasons for why you are qualified to become a professional photographer in your body paragraphs.

    5. Yes, the conclusion restates the three categories.

    6. There is a self-evaluation "finally I would like to tell the National Geographic human resource manager "I am exactly what you are looking for."

    ReplyDelete